The Society Deal
If you are going to become a tenant of Stoke on Trent Housing Society we want to make sure that between us we do whatever we can to build a great relationship. We want to provide you with a great home that you can afford and manage and we want you to come and talk to us when you need to.
We’ve set out some expectations – if you are happy with them then we’re happy to do our best to help you find a tenancy with us. If you aren’t then it’s probably best that you consider an alternative landlord/s.
Look below, see if you are happy to commit to the Society Deal:
Here’s what you can expect from us.
- Provide a quality, safe home and repairs service
- Look after your neighbourhoods
- Make it easy for you to get in touch
- Ensure staff and customers have a clear understanding on rights, responsibilities and expectations
- Have friendly, knowledgeable staff that do what they say
- Deal with any unacceptable behaviour quickly
Here’s what we expect from you – before you become a tenant.
- Show us that you can afford to live in your new home and that you have the relevant maturity and life skills to maintain a tenancy. You’ll be able to budget and manage your finances and can maintain a home and keep a tenancy
- Have a bank account and consider setting up a direct debit to pay your rent
- Have your first months’ rent ready to pay in advance
- Understand and commit to the Society Deal
Here’s what we expect from you – once you become a tenant:
- Pay your rent every week/month in advance and by direct debit, online or over the phone
- Let us know if you are struggling to pay your rent so that we can plan to help you
- Let us in when we need access for repairs or anything else
- Look after your home and garden and communal areas, keeping them tidy and clean
- Be good to your neighbours and treat them with respect
- Keep in touch by checking our website regularly and if we contact you get back to us quickly
- Let us know if you are struggling to stay in your home