Stoke on Trent Housing Society is a controller of personal information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). 

Details of how we use your information, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, can be found in our Privacy Policy Notice. The privacy policy tells you what to expect when Stoke on Trent Housing Society processes your personal information and applies to information about applicants, residents and any other service users. We keep our privacy policy under regular review and will place any updates on our website; you will be notified of any major changes to this policy.

How can I access the data you hold about me?

If you want to see your personal information held in our files you need to let us know via email or letter. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). To help us respond, please be as specific as you can be about the information you would like to see, and you will need to supply two pieces of identification to clarify your identity and address.

Under the legislation, we have up to 30 days from the date you request the information to provide it to you. You have the right to ask us to delete or change any inaccurate information held on our files. We consider all requests and will change or delete information that we agree is inaccurate.

Because we also need to respect the rights of others, we cannot make the following information available to you; information relating to, or identifying a third party, unless that person has given their written permission. information from other agencies such as Social Services, doctors or lawyers which could reasonably be expected to be treated as confidential,  information that could cause physical or mental harm.

To make a Subject Access Request you can contact us by emailing or write to us at The Trevor Jones Office, Hammond House, Ridgway Road, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST1 3AX.

Alternatively if you require any further information in relation to data protection or would like help in making a Subject Access Request please call 01782 968566.