We use several external contractors to carry out our repairs and maintenance service.
Here’s the standard you can expect from them:
- Be clean and tidy and cover their shoes/boots when entering your home
- Give their name and show you ID when they meet you
- Leave a card if you’re not in
- Explain what they’re going to do, when it will be started and how long it is expected to take
- Ask your permission to use of any of your personal belongings, e.g. your toilet, electricity, the bathroom or kitchen to clean up in.
- Use dust sheets where the work is likely to cause a mess and clear up any mess
- Give you the utmost respect and confidentiality
- Ask you to lock away pets before they come in
- Let us know if you refuse to let them in to complete the work
- Be in your home unless another responsible adult is there.
- Move any of your belongings without asking you first
- Make lots of visits to deliver materials
- Smoke in your home, play music or use bad language
- Accept gifts or payments from you
- Accept or keep a key to your home